One of the joys of arcade collecting and restoration is tracking down the proper cashboxes (also known as coin boxes, coin buckets, etc) for individual cabinets. While popular styles did come to the front as the industry progressed, there were no standards in the early days, and a multitude of coin door and cashbox designs were introduced as a result.
Here’s my attempt to make the Quest for the Proper Cashbox a little bit easier. As this is just a start, please reply with corrections, additional manufacturers and cabinets that use the listed boxes, and images and info about cashboxes that aren’t below, and I’ll continue to update the list.
Special thanks go to KLOV member modessitt for the initial images that are seeding this list.
1) Found in: Asteroids, Battlezone, Missile Command
2) Found in: Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Tempest
3) Found in: Atari Early 1980s Over/Under cabinets, Dig Dug, Kangaroo, Missile Command (mini), Space Duel
4) Found in: Atari Mid 1980s Over/Under cabinets, Atari System 1 cabs, Star Wars (UR, CP)
5) Found in: Early Midway cabinets, Tron, Ms. Pac-Man, Spy Hunter, Satan’s Hollow, Kick
6) Found in: Later Midway cabinets, Galaga, Pac-Man, Rally-X, Space Encounters, Wizard of Wor
7) Found in: Centuri cabs, Gyruss, Round Up, Vanguard
8) Found in: Taito Space Invaders (CT)
9) Found in: Sega/Gremlin cabinets, Astro Fighter, Frogger, Space Firebird
10) Found in: Midway Ms. Pac-Man & Galaga (CT)
11) Found in: Early Midway cocktails w/ single slot coin doors, Galaxian & Pac-Man (CT)
12) Found in: Super Pac-Man (CT)
13) Found in: Williams cabinets, Joust, Moon Patrol, Robotron, Sinistar, Stargate
14) Found in: Bally pinball? (need to verify)
15) Found in: IREM Madonna
16) Found in: Dragon’s Lair, Solar Quest
17) Found in: Stern Scramble
(Let’s fill in the gaps, so hit me up with what’s missing!)Filed under arcade, restoration | Comments (7)