Cyberball Schematics & Documentation

September 11th, 2008

This is an archival post.

A fellow Cyberball cabinet owner did me a huge favor recently and scanned his copy of the Cyberball Schematics Package, a document that’s been notoriously difficult to get ahold of. I spent some time and cleaned up the individual scans, and packed it back into delicious pdf:

Cyberball Schematics Package

For some reason, dissemination of the Cyberball and Tournament Cyberball docs has been very limited, in stark contrast to most other popular arcade cabinets for which the various manuals are freely available. To help alleviate that, here’s the rest of what I’ve acquired over the years:

Cyberball Operators Manual
Tournament Cyberball 2072 Upgrade Kit Instructions
Cyberball Pinouts
Cyberball Nintendo VS DualSystem Install Instructions
Cyberball Universal Kit (JAMMA) Instructions

Cyberball Tournament Sheets [page 1, page 2, page 3]

Atari Mechanical Assemblies Guide

If you have Cyberball arcade documents or artwork to contribute (I know I’m missing the playbooks, for example), let me know and I’ll add it to the list.

8 Responses to “Cyberball Schematics & Documentation”

1. Chris on September 14, 2008 5:08 pm

James sent along tournament sheets, and they have been added to the collection above.

2. Lenny Ivarson on October 14, 2008 11:12 am

Are you still upset that I can beat you at your own game? :)

3. Jeff Shanholtz (TheShanMan) on October 31, 2008 12:11 pm

Appreciate the resources! I’m picking up my non-working TC2072 tomorrow, so these will be very handy I’m sure!

4. Jeff Rothe on November 19, 2008 9:19 am

Are you only going to have these Cyberball manuals here? Or are you going to submit the ones that don’t exist that you got scanned to some of the bigger repositories online?

5. Chris on November 19, 2008 11:23 am

I’m hoping they’ll end up at all the various arcade manual repositories, the easier to track down, the better. Thanks for the reminder, just emailed the folks at ARCade ARChive.

6. Jeff Shanholtz (TheShanMan) on January 16, 2009 12:10 pm

Thought I’d mention that according to an Atari document available at ionpool.net, these are the production numbers:

Sep 88 Cyberball 1250
    Aug 89 Cyberball 2072 4pl 250
    Sep 89 Cyberball 2072 2pl 250
    Oct 89 Cyberball 2072 Conversion (Kit) 1000
    Nov 89 Cyberball 2pl Universal (Kit) 600
    Jan 90 Cyberball Vs. Kit 450

7. John on February 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Do u know where i can buy a cyberball 2072 sound board? Please email me at calwinsagain@gmail.com. Thank u!

Trackbacks